Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving: Shopping Done!

Thanksgiving shopping

Waiting to do your Thanksgiving shopping? Here's a tip. Shop for a turkey early in the day, when the cooler is still full and you have better options. Shopping at 4:30 at Jewel today left me with two options: a 12 lb bird I couldn't use a coupon on, or a 19+ lb bird that would feed our family for a week and still make a big pot of soup.
My shopping is done, and it didn't go too badly aside from the lack of choice in birds. I walked out with:
  • 8.5 lb. of sweet potatoes
  • 2 bags of Brownberries stuffing cubes 
  • 2 rolls of sage sausage
  • 2 cans of pumpkin puree
  • 2 cans of olives
  • 1 can of cranberry sauce
  • 1 box of Hershey's Special Dark cocoa
I only used two coupons, but paid with $25 in Catalinas. My final out of pocket cost was $5.72. Not bad!

I've updated my spreadsheet with prices for Garden Fresh Market as well and a few prices I noticed at Jewel and Target. I'll try to fill in some Dominick's prices tomorrow. 

No comments: