Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Pantry Challenge: Day 15

When I started the pantry challenge, I had three goals. The biggest goal was to use up some of our pantry stockpile, which had begun to take over the house. After two weeks, we've hardly made a dent. There are some items we're totally out of (breakfast bars) that I considered buying after finding a deal for $.75 a box this week, but the truth is that homemade mini-muffins are healthier and I already have all the ingredients handy.

This week my budget was $31.84. I spent $24.30, bringing my total for the month to $92.46. To be honest, I planned to spend more, but mysteriously Target has stopped carrying my beloved Pledge dusting cloths and apparently Jewel has Dobie pads on sale this week cheaper than Target, so I need to make another trip over there.

What did we eat?

Breakfast: cereal, oatmeal with granola, Eggo freezer pastries, eggs and toast with marmalade
Lunch: leftovers, raviolis
Dinner: pizza, turkey soup, Pioneer Woman's pot roast with carrots and mashed potatoes, clementine pork chops with rice and green beans
Snacks: slab apple pie with brown sugar cinnamon ice cream, crackers, cheese, Oreos, fruit

No comments: